Traffic Simulation Model
CORSIM includes both NETSIM (for surface street
simulation) and FRESIM (for freeway simulation). Version 5.1 of
CORSIM offers the following new
Click here to view the features that were
within CORSIM 5.0.
- CORSIM now provides its own interface and
driver software, separate from TShell.
- In addition to the user interface, the
CORSIM driver provides access to a new output data processor. The
output processor enables the user to accumulate user-selected
statistics and summary data during multiple runs of CORSIM. It
writes the collected data to an Excel workbook, a comma-separated file,
and/or a tab separated file.
- CORSIM can now simulate much larger traffic
networks than before.
- The maximum link length in NETSIM has been
increased from 4000 feet to 9999 feet.
- CORSIM can now run simultaneously on
multiple test cases in the same directory.
- A new flag is available on RT 2 (entry 3,
column 16) to force CORSIM to use the maximum initialization time.
- Logic for determining if a vehicle would
join spillback was improved.
- Control delay is now aggregated over all
turn movements in the simulation output table.
- Anticipatory lane change inputs are now
echoed to the output file.
- Exit interface links can now be specified as
destinations on Record Type 74.
- Error checking has been improved.
- Numerous software corrections have been